Karnika, the name of a celestial nymph and meaning Lotus in Hindi, is India’s first premium cruise liner by Jalesh Cruises. It is destined to change the way that Indians take their holidays. It is also happy to welcome people from all over the world and suddenly provides the chance for them to cruise in India’s beautiful waters in the lap of luxury, visiting ports along the way to enjoy the experience of different parts of this diverse land. Its facilities ensure there is never a dull moment aboard ship whatever your interests.
Until now luxury cruises were not really a feature of Indian life. No longer do Indians need to fly off to different parts of the world to board a luxury liner; Karnika is on the doorstep for much of the year and for those who want a cruise vacation in India, Karnika awaits.
You will have plenty of opportunity to shop onboard as well as on your trips ashore while medical facilities onboard ensure that you and the whole family can be confident that your health will be in good hands.
Karnika has 14 decks with cruise accommodation in four categories and it has handicap friendly cabins:
- 430 cabins, each 18 square metres, have an ocean view and come fully equipped with TV, security box, phone, shower with complimentary toiletries and hairdryer.
- The 162 Balcony Cabins measure 15 square metres and the balcony a further 3 square metres, sufficient for its two occupants to enjoy the fresh air. The facilities otherwise are the same as the Ocean View Cabins.
- Interior Cabins of which there are 209 can accommodate up to 4 passengers and have similar facilities than the cabins already described.
- 36 Mini-suites are located on Deck 11 and measure 32 square metres, accommodating up to 3 passengers. The facilities are the same as other categories.
As you will begin to realise, Karnika has the capacity to carry over 2,000 passengers on its lovely cruise ship packages.
Karnika offers a wide variety of cuisine; it is a true dining experience with regional Indian favourites, as well as plenty of chance to sample the food of other parts of the world as well. You will be served in beautifully created cruise ship rooms which provide a luxurious ambience as you eat while you can also eat on deck or beside the pool if you wish.
Here are the alternatives which ensure that no one need miss their favourite dishes, and everyone also has the chance to try something new:
- If you fancy a delicious lunch, then the Waterfront is the place where you will find it. At night-time, there is an extensive dinner menu serving all that is good in Indian cuisine, vegetarian and non-vegetarian.
- Chef’s Table serves 3 set menus and multiple courses in a truly wonderful Indian banquet. It offers vegetarian and non-vegetarian favourites, sea food and Dastarkhwa for dinner. There is a cover charge for this dining option.
- Chopstix highlights the best of the rest of Asia with dishes from Japan, Thailand, Malaysia, Korea, China, Taiwan and Mongolia. Breakfast and lunch are exclusively for Members of the Chairman’s Club and the Platinum Club and booking in advance for dinner is recommended with a cover charge payable. There is surely no better place to try dishes you may never have eaten before if your number one choice has always been Indian cuisine?
- Essence of India opens for simple breakfasts of cereals and fruit, but it is also the place to enjoy the regional varieties in Indian cuisine. There is counter service in Essence of India which is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- The Far Eastern Kadhai is also counter service and a great place to try stir fry dishes from breakfast through to dinner. The aromas are certain to tempt you to try a wide variety of dishes.
- Kettle & Bun is for passengers just wanting something fairly light; a snack of soup, sandwiches or kebab rolls. It is counter service with light breakfasts as well as tea and sandwiches if you don’t want too much to eat.
- Jain Heaven serves Jain dishes on counter service for breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as having a Pav Bhaji counter.
- Vegetarian Bang offers a simple fruit and cereal breakfast, but its primary role is its range of vegetarian dishes drawn from all parts of India. Vegetarian Bang is counter service.
- Sugar & Spice opens for breakfast and caters for those with a sweet tooth looking for cakes and pastries during the day and for dinner from counter service.
- The self-service International Grill has everything from chicken, fish and vegetable burgers served from breakfast time until late.
- Ho Clay Tandoor offers the best of Asian and Middle Eastern cuisine starting at breakfast time. It is counter service with its breakfasts being traditional Indian with equally impressive food for lunch and dinner.
- Street Food @ Karnika has alternatives from as far afield as Gujarat and Goa, Chennai and Delhi. Street food on the high seas served from a counter, breakfast, lunch and dinner.
You are never too far away from a bar when you are on Karnika. You can book a table on Dec 14 in the Dome for a late-night drink, with the Pool Bar on Deck 12 opening late morning and a great place for sundowners. Deck 10 has the Oasis Bar where whisky and cognac are the tipple with the Casino on Deck 8 having its own bar.
On Deck 7 you have a choice of Connexions and Marquee Bar & Show Lounge while the Chairman’s Club is also located there. There is the Mix Bar on 7 and Jalesh Bar on Deck 5 has lovely coffee and a few food options as well as chocolates and confectionery.
You do not want to pile on the weight with all this lovely food and drink available so what about working off some of the calories? A beauty salon and spa will help you relax and look your best but to really keep in trim. The gym is well-equipped to test you out; even try boxing if you wish while the excellent gym equipment will help you stay in good condition, under the watchful eye of the experienced staff of course.
Kids & Teenagers
Children of all ages have plenty to do on Karnika. The youngest of them can enjoy play areas, Lego, arts and crafts. Teenagers looking for their own space and keen to spend time with people of similar age can do so, enjoying air hockey, karaoke or simply chatting and taking selfies. Staff is on hand to ensure no problems arise in any of the places dedicated to kids and teenagers.
Special Events & Occasions
Karnika is ideal for all celebrations, whether it is weddings, honeymoons, special birthdays or anniversaries. It is also a unique venue for companies wishing to hold corporate events.
Next time you decide to travel cruise the Indian Ocean and enjoy the experience of a lifetime.